Wednesday, January 24, 2007

{Some People}

So what does she mean



Well to cut a long story short today the kids were typing their names in google to see what came up it is funny you see.



Royce's name came up for sport article he was listed in and we came across another David Tout whot totally looks nothing like our David Tout how funny :0) anyhow I thought I would do my name to see what would appear.



Besides all the Shop and crop links and Scrapbooking Memories stuff there were lots of links to people's blogs and then I found a site that had this to say:



Ireceived my mag in the mail on Monday and haven't even opened it until today. Have to say, it's not all that inspiring. Actually, I thought a lot of the HM were better that some Masters. MHO. 



I agree. To be honest, and I was trying to be very tactful, I didn't really like a lot of the work done by the chosen Masters, truth be known. Sure, I could see talent in there but nothing jumped from the page saying "Don't I look terrific?" Only 1 of them I liked enough to consider using for inspiration



Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I really should not let this worry me BUT hey I am human and I do.



I am really really proud of my efforts in becoming a Master and for one am the first to congratulate anyone for REACHING such efforts, and I figure if you don't like it, don't look at and please don't hurt anyone's feelings by saying you don't like it somthings are best kept to yourself.



And last but not least I would like to say that I think that all 15 girls who made it to MASTERS ROCK!!! along with all the HM and of course all the girls who entered this Fab competetion, yes that is what is  - you enter at your own risk knowing that you may not win I have on 3 occasions and this time it was my time, if you entered and missed out if you really ant to try again  ENTER NEXT YEAR! but please don't degrade yourself by whinning and snickereing about the winners entries.



Ok as Forrest Gump would say "And that's all have too say about that"  :0) now that is of my chest - I don't think I will be goggling Kylie Tout anytime to soon lol!!!!!



8 comments:

  1. Oh Kylie, I'm sorry you had to read that :o( IT sucks huh. We are human, we do have feelings, and it hurts to see things like that. I think people sometimes forget that there are REAL people behind the creations in the mags. Try not to take it to heart- I bet these same people will bitch about every mag they read!! Can never please everyone, and don't try to :o)
    Well I think your work was totally divine (as was all the masters!) And no more googling your name ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this just sucks. Girl you know, and I know how much work you put into your entries and each and every one of those was created with pure love! The end result is nothing short of Master quality.
    Chin up girl... you know how much you always inspire me. Try not to let it get you down.
    Congrats to all the Masters. You girls all worked your butts off to get where you are. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that you read that stuff Kylie. I've read a few things too, and am learning to have tougher skin (but I'm not really good at it lol).
    You, I and 13 other masters earnt our spot this year for one reason or another, and no-one has the right to take that away or make us feel less worthy. No-one. Keep doing what you love doing, and that's all that matters!! Ok, off my soapbox lol.
    Take care Kylie :-)
    Sheree McGee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear that 1 person in the Scrapbooking world did not like your work. Well you know what they say in this world " If you dont have nothing Nice to Say Dont say it at all" Cheer up girls I love all your work.
    Nic xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kylie,
    Had to comment on this, last year I can tell you I read lots of the same and it does hurt. I know. I also clearly rember you congratulating me at ISC in Sydney. Now a year on I do remeber being hurt but not as clearly as I remember yours and others congratulations. It may be a hard year, some people are just plain mean!! but truly don't take the SH!#@@T to heart in a year the good things will shine through. So from me and many others I'm sure, CONGRATULATIONS you deserve it and enjoy your year ahead and love what you do.
    Trish Reed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too true! Congrats to everyone who entered as well as those who won :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kylie :)
    I dont know who said that (and when I goggled your name I couldn't find anything other than glowing praise!) but please dont let it get you down. Your work is incredible and there are so many MORE of us out there who love what you do, and more importantly, love the person you are. Pooy to those who want to slag off those who find success.
    love Kass

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi everyone,
    I'm one of the ladies who's comments you see quoted here.
    Firstly I would like to say that at no time have I EVER posted a malicious, mean or nasty message personally attacking any other scrapbooker EVER. That is just not me. In fact, I have publicly and privately supported other scrapbookers against mean, nasty, malicious and personal attacks.
    I wrote the first quote and I wrote it in response to another poster who ASKED for opinions. That is all I expressed - an opinion - my point of view. That is why I added MHO.
    Scrapbooking - as every art - is subjective. What some folk like, others don't and that's ok. If someone doesn't hold the opinion of the majority - that's ok.
    I wish each and every scrapbooker joy for their journey through their life and their art.
    Much Love
    Vicki Brunner

    ReplyDelete